Thursday 2 June 2016

Pep Guardiola made his first signing

Borussia Dortmund have announced that lkay Gundogan has completed his move to Premiership side Manchester city on a four-year deal.
The midfielder, who is currently suffering from a knee injury, will leave the eight-time German champions  and join Manchester City today

He becomes Pep Guardiola’s first recruit at the Etihad and City will pay around £20million plus add-ons for the 25-year-old.

A statement from Borussia Dortmund official website reads "We would like to thank Ilkay Gündogan for five extraordinary years in Dortmund. BVB would like to wish him a speedy recovery and all the best for his future endeavors in Manchester City," said Borussia Dortmund's Sporting Director Michael Zorc.

“I have loved my time with Borussia Dortmund and I would like to thank the club and the supporters for the five very happy years I spent there, Gundogan said “They gave me a platform to play on and I became a better player because of the belief, patience and trust they showed in me.

He continued by saying “Now I have a new challenge and that is to achieve great things with City. The opportunity to work with a coach like Pep Guardiola is something I am really looking forward to and I am flattered to be the first signing the Club has made this summer and “I’m thrilled to have signed for Manchester City,” he told City’s official website.



No comments:

Post a Comment